DET8M is a versatile wireless device that can be configured to operate as a standalone temperature sensor and/or a remote temperature sensor, or a flood detector.
The DET8M offers a real advantage as it will detect flooding and allows a signal to be transmitted from the panel to the monitoring station to enable a fast reaction to these business threats.
This sensor offers both internal and external detection using remote temperature and flood probes (T280R and FP280).
Flood probes can be installed in areas where flood can occur (near a washing machine for example). The DET8M will trigger an alarm at the early stage of the flood, allowing the monitoring station to take all steps to stop it before severe damages occur and save the end user significant expenses and inconvenience.
The temperature probe allows for temperature detection even inside a refrigerator or a freezer. This makes it ideal for businesses such as restaurants, retail distribution centres, butcher shops and medical sites or any other commercial or industrial premises where temperature fluctuations need to be controlled.
The DET8M provides the opportunity to offer flood or temperature monitoring and intervention services, therefore attracting new customers and opens up new revenue streams in remote monitoring as it is a new service that can be offered to end users and a new opportunity for the Alarm Receiving.
- Flood detection: External probe (FP280) is easy to install with 5m of cable for maximum flexibility.
- Temperature detection: The sensor itself detects two ambient temperatures, with selectable cold and hot ranges.
- Freezer and refrigeration: T280R probe with two options and a wide selectable temperature range.
- Five selectable temperature ranges: A choice of installation solutions with easily selectable temperature ranges (hot, warm, cold, refrigerate and freeze) covering a large range of applications, reducing installation time.
- Intrusion detection: a wired, normally closed, contact can be connected to the DET8M to avoid a long distance or cabling issues.
- Reliability: Long battery life up to 7 years.