Resideo helps installers and consumers tackle energy efficiency challenges with new multi-purpose room thermostat
Resideo Technologies Inc, a global provider of home comfort and security solutions, today announced that it is responding to installer and consumer energy efficiency challenges with the introduction of its new Honeywell Home DT4 room thermostat range.
By taking the simplicity and reliability of the mechanical room thermostats of the 1970s, and combining it with modern sleek design and engineering of today, Resideo has developed and delivered a room thermostat range that directly responds to installer feedback to offer:
✓ A slim modern design that blends into the décor of a consumer's home.
✓ A versatile room thermostat that can be integrated into both new and older style heating systems, making it a natural choice for an installer to carry in the back of their van.
✓ A solution to help consumers improve the energy efficiency in their homes through its eco state functionality, which reduces or boosts temperature for a period of time.
✓ An advanced choice that can work with smart heat zoning solutions, including underfloor heating and heat pump solutions.
The key product features that make it multi-purpose and the smart choice for installers to recommend to their customers include:
- ✓ A sleek, white colour
- ✓ Backwards compatible with existing Honeywell Home wireless products.
- ✓ Compatible with extensive range of current, and future greener energy/heating systems.
- ✓ Easy to install and use.
- ✓ Wired or wireless communication with options for time proportional (TPI) or modulating appliance control.
- ✓ All products in the range work with: boilers, zone valves, solid fuel heaters and electric boilers.
- ✓ All products in the range work with greener energy systems such as heat pumps and underfloor heaters.
- ✓ Wireless and OpenTherm options work seamlessly with Resideo's popular Honeywell Home evohome and new Honeywell Home HCC100 Underfloor Multi-Zone Controller.
- ✓ Five-year warranty comes as standard.
The timing of Resideo's new European product development will be welcome news not only to installers, but could also play a part in the decision making of the nearly four out of five UK consumers (78%) who recently told Resideo that they would, or were unsure, about spending money on the latest heating controls if it meant they could save money over the longer term1.
Luke Cairns, Resideo's EMEA Senior Product Manager, explains the difference the room thermostat can make to installers and homeowners: "One of our company values is to start with what our customers need. During our product development process, we spent time with installers across Europe to make sure that what we delivered would have a positive impact on their installation and application requirements along with the energy efficiency challenges their customers are facing."
To find out more information on the difference the Honeywell Home DT4 room thermostat can make to installers jobs and consumers homes visit: www.resideo.com/dt4.
The new range will be launched by Resideo at InstallerSHOW. Resideo will be exhibiting on stand F41 at the show, which takes place at the NEC Birmingham 27-29 June 2023.
Notes to Editors
- 1Research carried out on behalf of Resideo by OnePoll in June 2022, surveying 1,000 homeowners living in each of the following countries: UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and France. And surveying 919 in Belgium and Netherlands combined.
- 90 European installers and over 300 customers provided feedback used in product development process during 2022.
- The Honeywell Home trademark is used under a long-term license from Honeywell International Inc.