Mechanical disconnectors of this type are suitable for the protection of drinking water systems as required by EN 1717 "The technical regulation of drinking water systems". Their purpose is to protect systems against back pressure, back flow and back syphonage of non-potable water into the public water supply network. Mechanical disconnectors can be used to provide protection up to and including liquid category 3 (slightly toxic substances). Mechanical disconnectors therefore offer better protection than check valves.
- Low pressure drop and high flow rate
- Optimal protection of the drinking water supply system
- Enhanced protection against back pressure, back flow and back syphonage into the water supply network
- Shut-off position visually indicated on the spring bonnet
- Compact construction
- Standardised discharge connection
- All materials are KTW approved