Resideo helps protect consumers against costly water damage with new L series water control products range
Resideo Technologies Inc. a global provider of home comfort and security solutions, today announced that it is responding to installer and consumer water management challenges with the introduction of its L Series Water Control Products range.
The development builds on the company's legacy of quality water products. For decades the Braukmann brand has built a reputation for providing reliable water solutions for installers and homeowners.
Resideo's L Series range helps consumers protect against costly water damage and the need to make home insurance claims.
The Resideo L1 WiFi Water Leak & Freeze Detector alerts consumers to leaks or frozen pipes with smartphone notifications, on site alerts and an alarm. While the affordable Resideo Braukmann L5 WiFi Water Leak Shutoff Valve automatically turns off the water supply to the home when a water leak is detected by the attached sensing cable or by a paired Resideo WiFi Water Leak & Freeze Detector.
This means that the two products together make it a complete water leak damage defence system – connected via the Resideo Smart Home app – that raises awareness of leaks and helps safeguard belongings and the home’s structure from potential costly repair.
The key product features that make it the smart choice for professional installers and their customers include:
L1 WiFi Water Leak and Freeze Detector
- ✓ Advanced leak awareness: Alerts to leaks or frozen pipes with smartphone notifications, plus alerts on-site with LED lights and a 100 dBA alarm.
- ✓ Quick Setup: The battery-operated device is installed near a water heater, washing machine, sink, or dishwasher; then, the Resideo app guides you in connecting to your home WiFi. No hub or base is required.
- ✓ Extendable reach: includes a 5 ft / 1.5 m cable that senses water along its entire length. Cover the entire home by adding additional devices or extend the sensor cables to expand coverage up to 500ft /152 m.
- ✓ Reusable sensor cord: Easily reset device after it detects water. When the cable is completely dry, plug it back in, and it’s ready to use again.
- ✓ Comes with two-year warranty.
L5 WiFi Water Leak Shutoff Valve
- ✓ Connected and in control: the Resideo app can be setup as a water leak detection control panel with notifications, customised alerts, and pre-set shutoff locations. The wireless functionality means customers can control their home’s water from anywhere.
- ✓ Automatic and right: the shutoff valve shuts off the home’s water supply when it detects water via the 5 ft / 1.5 m sensor cable attached to the device. Extend the leak detection range up to 500 ft / 152 m by adding other sensor cables.
- ✓ Even better together: wirelessly pair the shutoff valve with any Resideo WiFi water leak and freeze detectors for reliable whole home protection.
- ✓ Pros can help customers protect what matters most: customers can set alerts on the Resideo app to notify their professional installer of any leak or shutoff events so you can provide the support they need right away.
- ✓ Comes with five-year warranty.
Sylvain Baladon, Global Water Product Director, highlighted the difference the new L Series can make to consumers: "Water damage is one of the most common types of domestic property damage claims. Anyone who has experienced a catastrophic leak knows how devastating and expensive it can be. For many years we have been focused on raising awareness of the risk of water damage through our existing water leak detector portfolio. However, now with our new L5 water leak shutoff valves, we are going one step further and making a difference to the speed at which homes and belongings can be protected following the detection of a leak."
For more information on Resideo's new L series range visit https://www.resideo.com/gb/en/solutions/water/leak-detection/.
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort, residential thermal solutions and security solutions primarily in residential environments. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world.
For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.
The Honeywell Home trademark is used under a long-term license from Honeywell International Inc.