Resideo Announces New Video Solutions at ISC West 2023
Company’s First Alert VX1 Video Doorbell will be Available this Summer
Las Vegas – March 29, 2023 – Resideo Technologies, Inc., a leading global provider of solutions for home comfort, security, and safety, today announced a new professionally-installed video doorbell and enhancements to its award-winning ProSeries Platform at ISC West 2023 (exhibitor stand #10047).
First Alert VX1 HD Video Doorbell
Less than one year ago, Resideo acquired First Alert, America’s most trusted brand in fire safety. Resideo’s new First Alert VX1 HD Video Doorbell offers unmatched durability, leading video quality and enhanced artificial intelligence (AI). With simple professional installation and advanced range and performance, the VX1 Video Doorbell offers the reliability that dealers expect from Resideo and its First Alert brand.
"Resideo's first professionally installed video doorbell was designed to meet the performance demands of the professional installer and offers seamless integration with our professional security ecosystem, including the ProSeries and AlarmNet Platforms," said Scott Ziffra, Senior Vice President, Engineering & Product Management at Resideo. “It allows homeowners to greet visitors, keep track of package deliveries, and monitor general activity outside their door from any location via the Total Connect 2.0 app.”
The VX1 Video Doorbell offers:
- Durable Design. The VX1 Video Doorbell offers reliable performance via a wired installation and can withstand a variety of extreme weather conditions – including temperature, (-40 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, dust, moisture, and ultraviolet rays.
- Innovative AI. To help reduce false alarms, the camera intelligently detects and differentiates between people, packages, vehicles and animals. Homeowners can customize notifications and detection areas based on their needs.
- Leading Video Quality. For complete awareness day or night, the high-resolution five-megapixel camera offers vibrant, detailed video and wide-angle views, as well as infrared and color night vision.
- Secure, Encrypted and Reliable Video Viewing. Users can stay connected and get notified of important activity, accessing both live and recorded video, from any location via the Resideo Total Connect 2.0 app. Professionals can monitor via the AlarmNet platform.
Security companies can deepen revenue opportunities with subscription-based service plans through seven or 30-day video storage options by adding the VX1 Video Doorbell to each installation. The VX1 Video Doorbell will integrate with Resideo’s professional security ecosystem and be available early summer at ADI Global Distribution and other distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
ProSeries Platform Updates
The award-winning ProSeries Platform offers Resideo's largest range of supported home solutions in one modular, scalable system. The ProSeries Platform will receive updates to its security, life safety, and home automation system, including:
- New Wireless Outdoor Motion Viewer provides additional awareness to help protect more indoor and outdoor spaces including pools, driveways and storage sheds. It also can provide end-user video verification, powered by a false-alarm reduction algorithm, to improve authorities' response times. It will be available late spring at ADI Global Distribution and other distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
- Apple HomeKit integration allows Apple Home App users to add security command and control to their existing home network and use Siri to control the ProSeries security system. The Apple HomeKit integration received Best in Smart Home Solutions at the 2023 SIA New Products + Solutions Awards at ISC West. It will be available in April via an over-the-air (OTA) update for Resideo ProSeries PROA7PLUS users.
- New Software Enhancements will be delivered OTA in April to enable faster installation, new Z-Wave device support, higher resolution video for tablet users and additional awareness zones and customization.
- VX1 Video Doorbell Integration will be delivered OTA this summer to view video-event notifications, watch live doorbell video and greet visitors from the ProSeries panels and keypads.
Resideo is a leading global manufacturer and developer of technology-driven products and components that provide critical comfort, energy management, and safety and security solutions to over 150 million homes globally. Through our ADI Global Distribution business, we are also a leading wholesale distributor of low-voltage security and life safety products for commercial and residential markets and serve a variety of adjacent product categories including audio visual, data com, wire and cable, and smart home solutions. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.
Resideo's smart home, security and life safety solutions showcased at ISC West 2023.
Users can be notified of important activity, both live view and recorded video, from any location via the Resideo Total Connect 2.0 app.
The VX1 Video Doorbell offers quick professional installation.
Resideo's new Wireless Outdoor Motion Viewer.