HANDLE YOUR HOME WITH CARE
Energy Care pays attention to your home and how you’re using it. It then creates your ideal
environment to help you save energy. This is on top of the savings a standard
Honeywell Home Smart Thermostat already delivers.
It depends on the house, the weather and thermostat settings. Resideo Energy Care optimizes around the homeowner’s settings – maximizing energy savings while minimizing the impact to comfort.
Since Resideo Energy Care is so focused on comfort after periods of energy savings, customers are often more comfortable with the service enabled than with their previous standard programed setpoints. For example, on very cold afternoons Resideo Energy Care is going to turn the heat back up sooner than what when the programmed schedule would kick in. Also since the majority of Resideo Energy Care's energy savings are coming from reducing the amount of time the heating and cooling system runs each day, it can often extend the lifetime of those systems.
Resideo Energy Care uses data from your connected thermostat and hyperlocal weather data to develop a custom energy model of the home to understand how each one responds to varying weather conditions. Using this model, Resideo Energy Care then sends optimized thermostat schedules to participating thermostats each day based on the forecasted weather, the thermal properties of the home, and a customer’s selected comfort settings. The result is lower energy use and costs without sacrificing customer comfort.
Sure, if you have a bunch of time on your hands, are into integrals and heat transfer equations, and really enjoy analyzing large volumes of data. Or you can leave the number-crunching to us and go out and enjoy life. (Disclaimer: Previous sentence not meant to insult the weather and math geeks among us – we love/are one of you!)
The problem with programmable thermostats is that few people know or have the time to program them for optimal energy use. Resideo Energy Care knows and will do it every day with unmatched precision. Not only does Energy Care optimize thermostat settings each day, it also recalculates settings on-the-fly if the weather develops differently than forecasted!
Yes, it does. The HVAC system and the quality of construction and materials in your house matter more. But beyond that, temperature, humidity, wind, and solar are the next largest factors in determining how much you pay to keep a home comfortable day and night. Therefore, a more precise understanding of current and expected local weather conditions, and how a home will react to them allows Resideo Energy Care to optimize energy use and lower energy bills.
Weather has a big impact to the thermodynamics of every home – changing how long it takes to heat up or cool down; how much heat or cooling is lost through walls, windows, and cracks; and how much energy is required to keep occupants comfortable. For example, the amount of energy an air conditioning unit uses to cool a home varies with outside air temperature. The hotter it is outside, the harder the air conditioner must work to keep the building cool.
The two main differences are that Resideo Energy Care makes customer comfort its number one priority and that it’s powered by the world’s largest real-time weather network. We believe that keeping people comfortable is the key to keeping the service running and, ultimately, the total amount of energy saved. In the end, it is the hyperlocal weather conditions and forecasts that allow Resideo Energy Care to minimize energy use and maximize savings without sacrificing comfort.
We work with utilities around the US to provide you with two types of programs.
- Demand Response: These programs bring you rewards and rebates, often through bill credits, for allowing your utility to make small adjustments during peak times of demand each year, helping to reduce stress on the energy grid in your area.
- Energy Efficiency: This is where Resideo Energy Care fits in. Some utilities will pay for this service for you, so they can reduce costs to acquire new energy. If your utility doesn’t offer this, you can purchase Energy Care for $9.99/year from Resideo.
- Check for local programs here.
There are several ways to have Resideo Energy Care stop adjusting your thermostat. All of these are options available per enrolled thermostat, and action on one will not impact any other thermostats you may have receiving the service.
- If you want a different temperature in your house than the current setpoint for a short amount of time, you can adjust it using the temperature arrows on the face of the thermostat or mobile app. Resideo Energy Care will learn from this if you are overriding one of its adjustments.
- If you want your thermostat to hold a specific setpoint temperature for an indefinite amount of time, adjust the temperature and switch to a Permanent Hold. This will prevent normal programmed setpoint changes from occurring as well as Resideo Energy Care. Make sure you disable the Permanent Hold when you're ready for the service to begin again so Resideo Energy Care can get back to saving you energy.
- If you want to pause all Resideo Energy Care adjustments to your setpoint schedule for an indefinite amount of time, you can use the "Pause / Resume" toggle button in the Connected Savings portal.
Resideo Energy Care should start making adjustments to your thermostat the day after signing up, then after about a week it should be more dialed into understanding your home and comfort patterns.
Your energy consumption is dependent on many dynamic variables such as the weather and efficiency of your HVAC system, and it is even very difficult for our data scientists to isolate an individual's savings month over month or year over year. While Resideo Energy Care is making its largest adjustments when you shouldn't notice, there still should be times when you can see the setpoint being adjusted. If your thermostat is on a Permeant Hold or you paused the service in the Connected Saving portal, then Resideo Energy Care will not be able to make adjustments.
You can add Energy Care to any Honeywell Home Wi-Fi smart thermostat.
Energy Care does not work with non-connected thermostats or RedLINK thermostats.
Log in to your Connected Savings online account you created when enrolling and click the "Pause / Resume "toggle on the Subscriptions Tab . When you're ready to restart the service, use the same portal to toggle the service back on. This action can be performed independently per enrolled thermostat.