Jack R. Lazar
Jack Lazar brings more than 30 years of experience in operational and finance roles at Silicon Valley companies, across multiple industries, focusing heavily on consumer technology. At Resideo, he chairs the Audit Committee and is a member of the Innovation & Technology Committee.
Lazar was most recently Chief Financial Officer for GoPro, a leader in mobile capture devices, software, and entertainment solutions, serving in that role until March 2016. While at GoPro, Lazar completed the fourth-largest US IPO (in terms of proceeds) in 2014, raised approximately $1.4B in capital, and completed eight acquisitions.
Prior to that, Lazar served as Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and General Manager of Qualcomm Atheros Inc., a developer of communications semiconductor solutions. He completed the $3.6B sale of Atheros to Qualcomm in 2013, its IPO in 2004, and most recently served as Atheros' Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Corporate Development.
He also has served in leadership roles at NetRatings, Apptitude, and Electronics for Imaging, with each of these three companies completing its IPO or acquisition. In addition to his current role on the Resideo board, Lazar holds both public and private board and advisory roles at growth-oriented, consumer, and technology-focused companies.
Lazar earned his BS in accounting from Santa Clara University and continues his affiliation with the university as a periodic guest speaker at the Leavey School of Business. He also is a certified public accountant (inactive). In 2016, Lazar presented a TEDx talk titled “Why Silicon Valley’s Greatest Innovation is Not Technology.”
- Serves on the boards of three other publicly traded companies, Box (NYSE: BOX), Casper Sleep (NYSE: CSPR) and Silicon Labs (NASDAQ:SLAB); chairs the Audit Committee at Silicon Labs and chairs the Compensation Committee at Casper Sleep
- Serves on the boards of three private companies, thredUP, Tile and Tonal
- Served as director and Audit Committee chair at TubeMogul, an enterprise software company for digital branding, from October 2013 to December 2016, until its acquisition by Adobe
- Was the Nominating and Corporate Governance chair at Quantenna Communications prior to its acquisition by On Semiconductor 2016
- Was a member of the Audit and Compensation Committees at Mellanox prior to its sale to NVIDIA in May 2020