Electronic or Media? How to Make the Right Call on Whole-Home Air Cleaners
It seems more people are dealing with allergies and indoor air quality challenges than ever before. With the winter season about to show its teeth, your cooped-up customers will be turning to you for help in keeping their air cleaner and their homes healthier. Use these insights into IAQ challenges to recommend the best Honeywell Home air cleaners for their lifestyles and needs.
What’s driving today’s spike in allergens and IAQ issues?
Experts are studying the perceived increase in allergy sufferers. There are many theories being explored, but here are some common explanations:
- Pets: Up to 68% of American households now own pets. Yet, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, today 30% of people living in the U.S. are allergic to cats and/or dogs. With more pet dander in the air, it creates more misery for pet allergy sufferers.
- Weather: Some scientists believe changing weather patterns have extended the typical seasonal allergy timeframes and put more pollens in the air than normal.
Honeywell Home solutions provide premier, whole-house relief
To combat the breadth and seriousness of today’s IAQ challenges, homeowners need more than the 1-inch air filters from the big-box home stores. Honeywell Home provides both whole-home electronic air cleaners and media air cleaners to fit virtually every need. But which ones work best for which homes? Let’s take a look.
- Ultimate whole-home air puriﬁcation with three-stage filtration
- Technology captures up to 99% of airborne dust, mold spores and other particles
- Best for home occupants with severe allergies, asthma or IAQ concerns
- Eliminates filter disposal – appeals to sustainability-conscious homeowners
- No more hassling with purchasing, storing or replacing filters
- Requires periodic washing of filter cells for premier performance – older homeowners may want to avoid this added chore and mess
- Involves a higher investment than media air cleaner options – younger customers in starter homes may not want this added cost
- Capture up to 96% of airborne particles
- Up to 14 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter
- Last 4 times longer than 1-inch filters
- Low pressure drop won’t tax system
- Available in a variety of sizes to fit most needs
- Superior MERV ratings (F200=13, F100=11) to 1-inch media but not the ultimate filtration performance of the F300
- Still require periodic filter replacement plus storage and purchase
Ask questions to determine specific homeowner needs
When you talk with homeowners looking for help with IAQ issues, start the conversation by asking about their:
- Home’s history: Any history of mold or moisture buildup, past or present pets, or problems with poor ventilation or airflow?
- Household size and health: How many people typically dwell in the home? How many have allergies, asthma or IAQ struggles? Where does the majority of activity take place within the home?
- Lifestyles and preferences: Do they travel a lot? Will they be home to change or clean filters periodically? How active will their HVAC system be>
Armed with these IAQ questions and Honeywell Home solutions, you can help create the clean air and comfortable home they deserve, all winter long. Learn more about the complete portfolio of Honeywell Home Filtration Solutions.