Coronavirus COVID-19 Company Update
Dear Valued Resideo Customers,
We are in the midst of an unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) health event, and the impact has been dramatic and far-reaching. As leaders within Resideo’s Products & Solutions business, we want you to know that we are thinking about you and your families and hoping you all are healthy and safe. Our company’s mission is to provide technology that delivers comfort, security and simplicity to the places people call home, which is even more important during these uncertain and stressful times.
While the coronavirus has altered life fundamentally – for our families and loved-ones, our friends and co-workers, customers and homeowners, our suppliers and industry partners – Resideo is still here, we’re open for business and doing everything we can to support you.
Our global, cross-functional COVID-19 Task Force team meets multiple times each day to monitor the situation and assess any impact to our employees and customers. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of comfort, safety and security solutions Resideo has been identified as an “Essential Business” in many markets. We take this designation seriously and will continue to ensure the priority support of you, your employees and your customers.
Specifically, here’s what we’re doing as a company to help meet you and your customers’ needs at this critical time:
- Continuing to monitor the global situation to help mitigate any possible impact to our operations.
- Delivering a broad array of video and marketing resources on a Coronavirus Update Web page with information on indoor air quality and security offerings to help you meet the needs of your customers. Stay tuned for new webinars we’re rolling out, resources from national health organizations and legislative news.
- Currently, our inventory positions are sufficient for finished products to support your business needs. We commit to update you in a timely way as the virus related situation unfolds.
- Utilizing inbound premium freight when necessary to close supply gaps. Our Integrated Supply Chain team continues to work daily with our vendors to validate component deliveries.
- We continue to provide life-saving remote patient monitoring technology with video conferencing services, supported by 24/7 customer service, to help nurses and care providers monitor the health of home-bound patients.
- Lowering our pre-paid freight allowance hurdle and eliminating drop-ship fees drastically to enable our HVAC distributors to have products shipped directly to their contractors.
- Even though our employees are currently working remotely, our customer care teams are fully equipped to handle any issues you’re having.
- Building up extra buffer stock and holding daily calls with a cross-functional team that is focused on meeting customer requests.
We’re also focused on ensuring our employees are safe and healthy, while continuing to help meet your needs. We’ve put a number of precautionary measures in place to help protect our teams, including:
- Enabling a swift, discretionary work from home policy for employees able to do so to help slow the spread of the coronavirus early on.
- Enacting mandatory work from home policies in states that have implemented Executive Orders or shelter in place, with exceptions for government defined “essential” workers.
- Requiring employees to follow the guidelines laid out by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help slow the spread in our factories or in situations where they need to be in a Resideo office to perform their jobs.
- Restricting non-essential visitors to all Resideo facilities.
- Restricting all travel, domestic or international. Instead, we see our employees engaging with each other and with our customers in new and creative ways; we thank you for that.
- Implementing a more rigorous cleaning regimen at all facilities.
- Following CDC guidelines when we have a presumed positive or potential exposure by closing the site for cleaning and contacting individuals who may have been exposed.
We trust that when we get to the other side of this, we’ll be stronger as an industry. As always, please feel free to reach out to any of us with any specific questions or concerns..
Thank you for your business,
Cc: Sach Sankpal, President, Resideo Products & Solutions