Three Things to Look for in a Smart Thermostat
Set the stage with an all-new comfort lineup
Whether you’re a major sports fan or would prefer to binge-watch the top-trending shows and movies, creating a comfortable viewing environment is essential. And given that our homes are providing us with most of our entertainment these days, it’s important your space is up for anything your family can throw at it.
So, how does one curate that perfect environment? Snacks? Comfy couch? Soft blanket? (yes, yes and yes!) All offer the foundation for perfect viewing – but one element that's equally important, yet sometimes overlooked, is a smart thermostat and proper indoor air quality system that can expand comfort control, convenience and even efficiencies within your home.
In fact, heating and cooling costs can make up almost half your annual energy bill and a smart thermostat can help drive energy savings. And smart thermostats complement your big-screen entertainment as they share the hallmark features of a great quarterback or a leading lady: they are versatile, they thrive under pressure and they make it look easy.
1. THEY ARE VERSATILE
Smart thermostats don’t stop at temperature management – instead, they can orchestrate whole-home comfort and total indoor air quality (IAQ) control that customers want, all from one easy-to-use device.
- Honeywell Home Prestige IAQ Thermostat with RedLINK manages temperature plus up to three other systems: humidification, dehumidification and ventilation.
- Honeywell Home T10 Pro Smart Thermostat with Smart Room Sensors extends temperature control beyond the thermostat and delivers the right temperature to the right room at the right time, and the device can control one additional IAQ system.
- Honeywell Home VisionPRO 8000 Thermostat with RedLINK manages temperature plus up to three other IAQ systems
Indoor air quality has never meant more to homeowners. By combining one of these versatile thermostats with humidification, dehumidification, and/or ventilation solutions, you’ll be able to live in total comfort.
Jason Gaspard, and HVAC technician at Select Mechanical in Minnesota has seen the benefits of these devices first-hand. “For years, there were three different controls doing three different things, and they were playing tug of war a lot,” he said. “There was no logic tying them together. That's where Honeywell Home indoor air quality control systems came in. We've just found them to be a great tool for us – and great for the homeowner, too.”
2. They thrive under pressure
With many indoor air quality factors in play, these smart thermostats rise up to meet the challenge, through:
- Intuitive displays that give you a holistic snapshot of the home’s critical systems;
- Sensors and accessories1 to expand the system’s range, generating deeper data and better decision-making;
- Programming options that can align conditions with your lifestyle and day-to-day needs; and,
- Mobile alerts2 of system status allows homeowners to react quickly should an issue occur.
3. They make it look easy
These smart thermostats can make superior comfort effortless, seamless and convenient for you through innovations such as:
- Easy on-screen set-up instructions with no complex manual.
- Geofencing1 and Intelligent Adaptive Recovery1, which automatically modify conditions to help homeowners optimize both comfort and savings.
- Easy-to-install RedLINK room sensors1 and other responsive technologies that enable whole-home reach.
- Simple, app-driven system access2, empowering total comfort control from the palm of your hand.
Not sure which smart thermostat is right for you? A professional HVAC pro can help navigate your needs and find the best thermostats for your home – and install it for you. To find a professional visit www.resideo.com/findapro. To find the smart thermostat that is right for you, take this quiz.
1Not available on all thermostat models
2App use varies by thermostat modelAbout Us