Published: Feb. 6, 2019
• A Letter From Our CEO: Welcome Home, Welcome to Resideo
“From day one, our mission has been to offer a different choice that makes it easier to upgrade to a smart home,” said Mike Nefkens, president and CEO of Resideo. “In a short amount of time, we’ve taken a business with strong fundamentals, explained our vision to simplify the smart-home experience through our professional contractors, and began delivering next-generation technologies to market.”
Gallery: Six of Our 100-Day Milestones
Click through the slides below to learn about some of Resideo’s initial milestones – from introducing exciting new products and our new headquarters location, to our very first quarterly earnings report, and latest solutions for our network of 100,000 smart-home contractor pros who make things simple for customers.
Milestone No. 1: Among the milestones in our first 100 days, Resideo made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show, where it earned multiple recognitions for technology innovation. At CES 2019 in Las Vegas and AHR Expo in Atlanta – the largest HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) event in the industry – Resideo introduced the Honeywell Home T9 and T10 Pro Smart Thermostats, and SiXCOMBO.
Milestone No. 2: The new T Series thermostats feature innovative, wireless smart-room sensors that help adjust a room’s temperature when and where it’s needed. SiXCOMBO is the industry’s first two-way, professionally monitored, wireless, combination smoke/heat and carbon monoxide (CO) detector.
• Product Information: Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat from Resideo
• Product Information: Honeywell Home SiXCOMBO Smoke/Heat and CO Detector from Resideo
Milestone No. 3: In December, Resideo announced the location of its future headquarters and a software development center in the city’s downtown. The company will initially locate approximately 120 new jobs in the city, including much of its senior leadership team, with a projected annual economic impact to the area of $20 million. The headquarters space is currently under construction at 901 East 6th Street with a planned June opening.
• Press Release: Resideo Announces Headquarters Location in Austin, Texas
• Live Feed: Construction Progress on 901 East 6th Street
• Austin American-Statesman: Tech Firm Resideo, a Honeywell Spinoff, Picks Austin for Its HQ
Milestone No. 4: "We’re backing our products and solutions with even better support for our network of 100,000 professional contractors, providing training and benefits to help them grow their businesses and become smart-home experts," Nefkens said. "In the first 100 days, Resideo announced a complete refresh of its Contractor PRO loyalty program, designed with input from the contractors themselves."
• For Contractors: Honeywell Home Contractor PRO Loyalty Program from Resideo
Milestone No. 5: Resideo issued its first earnings report as a stand-alone company, covering the third quarter of 2018. This year company executives, including the CEO and CFO, purchased more than $900,000 worth of company stock, demonstrating their personal and professional investment in Resideo’s growth and success.
• Press Coverage: Barron’s: Resideo Still Looks Like a Smart Smart-Home Play
Milestone No. 6: Resideo also partnered with streaming financial news outlet Cheddar to premiere a new weekly series on the intersection between technology and smart living. Cheddar @Home’s inaugural episode was broadcast from Resideo’s Tiny Smart Home, which showcases the latest smart-home innovations. Cheddar @Home airs Tuesdays at 5 p.m. EST.
• Cheddar Video: Building Cheddar and Resideo’s Tiny Home
• Cheddar Video: How Resideo is Redefining the Smart-Home Space
• Cheddar Article: Resideo Makes Smart-Home Products You Didn't Know Existed
• Cheddar @Home Website: The Intersection of Smart-Home Technology and Smart Living, Powered by Resideo
Resideo has two business segments: Products, which includes solutions marketed under the trusted Honeywell Home™ brand through a long-term license; and Distribution, through the ADI global distribution business, which is the leading wholesale distributor of security and low-voltage products.
Become a 'Resident': Join the Team at Resideo