RESIDEO CONNECTED HOME END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
Posted online: October 29, 2018
Welcome! Below you will find Resideo's Connected Home End-User License Agreement and Privacy Statement.
The End User License Agreement includes:
- A license to software that governs the use of the software and services by you
- The terms of service
- Strict limits on our financial and other liability related to any losses you may incur arising out of your use of the system and services, including, but not limited to, losses that may result from utilizing third party applications, software, or other offerings (e.g., applications that work with Apple’s HomeKit)
The Privacy Statement describes, among other things:
- Information we collect:
- Information you provide by completing your account registration; e.g., name, email, address, and zip code
- Information about how you use the system and/or services; e.g., how and when you use the systems or services, frequency of use, etc.
- Data that relates to the systems and/or services; e.g., indoor/outdoor temperatures, schedules, timing of events and alerts, audio or video clips, settings, etc.
- Other types of information, as set forth below in the Statement
- How we use the information:
- To provide the service and operate the system
- To improve our products and services
- To offer you products and services we think you’ll be interested in; we do not share your contact information with third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent
- In other ways as further described below in the Statement
RESIDEO CONNECTED HOME END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Resideo End-User License Agreement (this "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Resideo”) for the use of the Resideo Services and the license of the Resideo Software, both as defined below. For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, and services, or any combination thereof, that we provide to you as the “System.”
By accepting this Agreement or installing or using the System, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in this Agreement. You agree that you are the end-user of the System and you represent that you are of legal age and are authorized to enter into this Agreement.
This Agreement covers use of several different Resideo products and services; as clarification, in some instances, certain provisions of this Agreement relate solely to a specific product or service.
- LICENSE, LIMITS.
This EULA is for the use of certain Resideo products and services, including Resideo software for use on any Resideo products and communications networks, Resideo software allowing web-based interface and underlying functionality and access to Resideo services, Resideo web and mobile device applications software, and any Resideo networks related to any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Resideo Services” or “Services”) and the licensure of software products identified above, which includes computer and application software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation, and any future versions, releases, updates, patches, error fixes and bug fixes of the above software ("Resideo Software"). For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, and services we provide to you as the “System.”
The System includes software owned by Resideo and software licensed to Resideo, and is protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The System is licensed to you, not sold. Subject to the terms of this EULA, Resideo grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense except as set forth below) to use the System, and its related Resideo Software, solely for your personal use with your home or business in the continental United States and Canada. The foregoing license includes the right to install the Resideo Software on your personal computer and/or mobile device and to use the Resideo Software in conjunction with your licensed use of the System. Unregistered use, reproduction and distribution of the System is not permitted by Resideo and is in violation of U.S. and international copyright laws and is subject to civil and criminal penalties. You are specifically prohibited from making or distributing any copies of the System. All rights of any kind in the System and all other rights of Resideo, which are not expressly granted in this EULA, are entirely and exclusively reserved to and by Resideo (including the rights to the software object code and source code). You may not rent, lease, copy, modify, or translate the System, or create derivative works based on the System. You may not alter or remove any of Resideo’s copyright or proprietary rights notices or legends appearing on or in the System. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the System. Except as expressly set forth herein, you may not make access to the System available to any third party, nor are you authorized to make the output generated by or the results of any performance or functional evaluation of the System available to any third parties, nor are you permitted to allow any third party to engage in any activity that you are expressly prohibited from engaging in herein.
The following rules apply to your use and any use authorized or permitted by you of the System:
- Do not "harvest" (or collect) information from the System using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless Resideo has given you separate written permission to do so). This includes, for example, information about other users of the System and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions available on the System.
- Do not use automated means to access the System, or gain unauthorized access to the System or to any account or computer system connected to the System.
- Do not "stream catch" (download, store or transmit copies of streamed content).
- Do not obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the System that are not intended for access by you.
- Do not "flood" the System with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt or harm the System.
- Do not circumvent or reverse engineer the System.
- Do not restrict or inhibit another user or users from using and enjoying the System.
Resideo has the right to deny access to, and to suspend or terminate your access to, the System, or to any features or portions of the System at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for any violation by you of this EULA.
If you are an authorized Resideo central station or dealer, you shall have the right to sublicense access to security or lifestyle Systems solely to end users, provided each end user agrees to the terms of this EULA and all applicable fees are paid to Resideo and such end user is aware of and consents to such sublicense (as opposed to a direct license as contemplated by this EULA).
The System may contain or be derived from materials of third party licensors. Such third party materials may be subject to restrictions in addition to those listed in this EULA. You agree that any third party supplier shall have the right to enforce this EULA with respect to such third party’s software.
The System may contain Open Source Software that is provided to you under the terms of the open source license agreement or copyright notice accompanying such Open Source Software. As used herein, the term “Open Source Software” means any software, program, module, code, library, database, driver or similar component (or portion thereof) that is royalty free, proprietary software, the use of which requires any contractual obligations by the user to a third party or any license that has been approved by the Open Source Initiative, Free Software Foundation or similar group.
If you subscribe to GPS Tracking Services or agree to the geo-location feature as part of your System, you agree that you will only use the location based services in accordance with applicable law and as intended. You acknowledge that Resideo shall have no liability for your usage of the Service that does not comply with law or the intended purpose.
- PASSWORD AND ACCESS.
You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form and (b) maintain and promptly update such information. You must create a username and password to access the System. If you are provided with a temporary username and password you must modify the temporary credentials and create your own username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password, account or any subaccount. You agree to (a) immediately change your password in the event of any breach of security, (b) notify your central station (if applicable) or Resideo, as the case may be, if you have experienced a breach of security, (c) not share your username and password with any third party; and (d) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You agree that the terms of this EULA will be binding upon and govern the relationship between Resideo and any third party to whom you grant access to your account or permit to maintain a subaccount. You further agree to take any and all action necessary to ensure compliance with, and enforce the terms of, this EULA, and to indemnify Resideo for any and all costs, damages, losses or expenses incurred in respect of such third party user. Resideo will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
If your equipment does not work it may interfere with System network operations. The Federal Communications Commission may require that Resideo have immediate access to your equipment in the event of an emergency. You agree to provide such access as is necessary in an emergency to either your central station or dealer or Resideo network representatives as required.
You acknowledge and agree that you have the option to add additional parties to your account and such parties will have full or partial access to the System, including, but not limited to, the ability to view and change your daily schedule and thermostat and/or security or home automation settings and programming. You further acknowledge and agree that Resideo has no responsibility to you with respect to the actions of such parties. Further, you acknowledge and agree that you have the option to include your contractor’s or dealer’s or other party’s information in your account information and such party may receive alerts from the System regarding your home (e.g., in the event the temperature in your house drops below freezing or in the event of a security or safety breach) along with certain personally-identifiable information in order to be able to identify the source of the alert. Your contractor or dealer may contact you in the event it receives such alerts. You acknowledge and agree that Resideo has no responsibility with respect to any actions or inactions on the part of such third party.
You acknowledge and agree that Resideo and its affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and dealers are permitted at any time and without prior notice to remotely push software and firmware updates, enhancements, changes, modifications, additional functionality or bug fixes to the System. You hereby consent to the foregoing and release Resideo and its affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and dealers from any and all liability arising from such action.
- TERM AND CANCELLATION; MODIFICATIONS TO SYSTEM; FEES.
This EULA is effective on the day you first use the System and will continue for so long as you continue to use the System and Services and to otherwise make any required System service payments. Resideo may terminate this EULA and your use of the System at any time if you fail to comply with any of the terms hereof, including failure to make required System service payments, if applicable, effective immediately. If you have a contract with a dealer for certain Services, your right to use the Services is subject to your dealer or central station’s payment of all fees due to Resideo for such Services and Resideo may suspend or terminate your access to the Services in the event such party fails to pay for Services being provided by Resideo or you fail to pay such party any sums otherwise due. Your payment to your dealer or central station monitoring company does not guarantee your right to the System. You may incur additional fees from third party providers in connection with your use of the System, an independent handheld device, or the internet, for data transmission, video clip or still image transmission, internet usage, SMS, short code or other transmission fees, charges or taxes. If Resideo ceases supplying Services to you due to you or your dealer or central station’s failure to pay for Services, Resideo will have no liability to you and you must look to your dealer or central station for the return of any amounts pre-paid by you to the central station or dealer. Depending on the Services contracted or subscribed to by you, Resideo may also suspend or terminate a user account because of user inactivity or excessive activity. Depending on the Services contracted or subscribed by you, you may terminate this EULA upon written notice to Resideo or by terminating use of the System. Upon termination of this EULA, the license granted hereunder will terminate and you must stop all use of the System immediately. Resideo reserves the right at any time and from time to time to charge for use of the System, and modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the System (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Resideo will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the System. You understand and agree that if you move you will delete your account and no longer access the resideo system with respect to your prior address. If you have a contract with a dealer or central station you must notify it if you are moving to terminate your account.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS.
THE SYSTEM IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND WITH NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, AND RESIDEO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.The entire risk arising out of use, performance or non-performance of THE SYSTEM remains with you. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RESIDEO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SYSTEM.
RESIDEO AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THE CHOICE OF ALARM DEVICES OR OTHER PRODUCTS INSTALLED AT YOUR PREMISES, THEIR INSTALLATION AND CONNECTION, OR OPERATION OF YOUR CONTRACTOR, CENTRAL STATION OR DEALER. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT RESIDEO DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR (1) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OR OPERABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION OR MATERIAL PROVIDED BY OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SYSTEM; AND (2) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SYSTEM; AND (3) THE DELETION, FAILURE TO STORE, MISDELIVERY, OR UNTIMELY DELIVERY OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL; AND (4) BREACHES OF SECURITY; AND (5) INFORMATION COMMUNICATED THROUGH MESSAGE BOARDS OR OTHER FORUMS; AND (6) ANY OTHER FAILURE TO PERFORM BY RESIDEO; AND (7) DAMAGE, INJURY, OR LOSS OF LIFE OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.
IF RESIDEO SHOULD NEVERTHELESS BE FOUND LIABLE, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OR ORIGIN, ON ANY BASIS WHATSOEVER, (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE), ITS TOTAL MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO $1,000.00 IN CONNECTION WITH SECURITY SYSTEMS AND $100.00 FOR ALL OTHER SYSTEMS, WHICH WILL BE THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST RESIDEO. IN ADDITION, IN NO EVENT WILL RESIDEO OR ITS PRINCIPALS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SYSTEM OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF OR TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH RESIDEO, EVEN IF RESIDEO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESIDEO BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL THROUGH THE SYSTEM, ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES OR CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS, NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES, OR LOSS OF OR FLUCTUATIONS IN HEAT, LIGHT, OR AIR CONDITIONING.
IN THE EVENT YOU (1) UTILIZE A NON-RESIDEO APPLICATION TO CONTROL YOUR RESIDEO PRODUCT (E.G., APPLICATIONS THAT WORK WITH APPLE’S HOMEKIT); (2) CONNECT A NON-RESIDEO DEVICE TO YOUR SYSTEM; (3) UTILIZE A THIRD PARTY API; (4) BECOME PART OF A DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAM; OR (5) BECOME PART OF A THIRD PARTY CONNECTED HOME OR BUSINESS ECOSYSTEM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL RESIDEO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, FUNCTIONALITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, INTEROPERABILITY, LEGALITY OR USEFULNESS OF SUCH APPLICATION, DEVICE, API, OR ECOSYSTEM NOR WILL RESIDEO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF SUCH USE. USE OF A THIRD PARTY APPLICATION, DEVICE, API, OR ECOSYSTEM IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND EXPENSE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING USES, RESIDEO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE SYSTEM.
- NO GUARANTEE.
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE SYSTEM WILL PROVIDE ADEQUATE WARNING IN ANY GIVEN SITUATION, OR THAT IT WILL NOT BE COMPROMISED OR CIRCUMVENTED BEFORE IT COMMUNICATES WITH YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY OR THAT IT WILL PREVENT ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY LOSS CAUSED BY BURGLARY, ROBBERY, FIRE, EXCESSIVE HEAT, COLD, WATER DAMAGE, HUMIDITY OR OTHERWISE. FURTHER, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE SYSTEM OR YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR COMPUTER WILL TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE ALL SIGNALS SENT BY OR TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY REGARDING THE SERVICES YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED TO, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SIGNALS REGARDING THE ACTIVATION OR DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ALARM SYSTEM OR HVAC SYSTEM OR OTHER SYSTEMS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HAVING A SECURITY SYSTEM, THERMOSTAT, WATER LEAK DETECTOR, OR OTHER LIFESTYLE SYSTEM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE A BURGLARY, ROBBERY, FIRE, FROZEN PIPES, WATER DAMAGE, OR OTHER EVENT AND IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SYSTEM IS DEPENDENT ON YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, HOME WIRING, ROUTER, POWER SOURCE, YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, YOUR SATELLITE PROVIDER IN THE CASE OF GEOLOCATION SERVICES, AND YOUR MOBILE DEVICE CARRIER AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH USE AND FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AGREEMENTS RELATED TO SUCH USE. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RESIDEO AND ANY NETWORK SERVICE PROVIDERS CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY WIRELESS TRANSMISSION AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LACK OF SECURITY RELATING TO THE USE OF ANY SERVICE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT RESELL ANY OF THE WIRELESS SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SYSTEM. RESIDEO WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY OTHER LOSS BASED ON A CLAIM THAT THE SYSTEM FAILED TO GIVE WARNING OR ALERT OF ANY TYPE AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE RESIDEO FROM ALL LIABILITY RESULTING THEREFROM. RESIDEO MAKES NO GUARANTEE THAT THE SYSTEM WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL COMPUTERS OR HANDHELD DEVICES. YOU SHOULD FIRST TEST THOSE DEVICES AT HOME FOR COMPATIBILITY BEFORE USING THEM AWAY FROM HOME.
The failure of Resideo to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this EULA will not be construed to be a continuing waiver of any provisions hereunder nor will any such failure prejudice the right of Resideo to take any action in the future to enforce any provisions hereunder. Software and technical information delivered under this EULA are subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree to strictly comply with all such laws and regulations, and you will be solely responsible for obtaining any import, export, re-export approvals and licenses required for such software any technical information, and retaining documentation to support compliance with those laws and regulations.
This EULA will be deemed entered into in the State of New York and will be governed by and construed according to the internal laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements executed and to be performed entirely within New York, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any action against any party to this EULA will be commenced only in the federal or state courts within the State of New York, which courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over such actions and proceedings and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to personal jurisdiction over them by such courts. You agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this EULA and is hereby disclaimed. It is understood and agreed that, notwithstanding any other provisions of this EULA, breach of any provision of this EULA by you may cause Resideo irreparable damage for which recovery of money damages would be inadequate, and that Resideo will therefore be entitled to obtain timely injunctive relief to protect Resideo’s rights under this EULA in addition to any and all remedies available at law.
This EULA, including the Privacy Statement, your subscription agreement (if applicable) and Resideo’s terms and conditions of sale that accompanied your purchase of any equipment (including your central station monitoring agreement if applicable) forms the entire agreement between you and Resideo and supersedes in their entirety any and all oral or written agreements previously existing between you and Resideo with respect to your access to and use of the System and related Services.
Neither this EULA nor any of the rights, interests or obligations provided by this EULA may be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of Resideo. Resideo may assign this EULA, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion. This EULA will be binding upon the parties and each of their present and future officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, agents, successors, assigns, contractors, licensees, affiliates, family members and guests and authorized users.
The provisions of this EULA will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and be interpreted and applied to a lesser extent, where necessary to be valid. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this EULA will not affect any other provision and all such other provisions will remain in full force and effect without change or modification thereof. You consent to the exclusive use of the English language in this EULA, as well as in all communications from Resideo.
- APPLE DEVICE TERMS; THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY
This Section applies to you only if you use the System on an Apple device (e.g., iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) (any such device, an “Apple Device”); this section does not apply to you if you do not use the System on an Apple Device. The parties acknowledge that this EULA is concluded solely between Resideo and you, and not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the System and the content thereof. Any support that may be offered by Resideo in connection with the System is solely the responsibility of Resideo and it is acknowledged by the parties that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the System. The parties acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to furnish any warranty with respect to the System. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the System. The parties acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing product claims. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of any end-user or any third party relating to the System or the end-user’s possession and/or use of that System, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the System fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. The parties acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the System or your possession and use of that System infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim. Complaints or claims with respect to the System should be directed to Resideo at the following address: ResideoPrivacy@Resideo.com. The parties acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this EULA, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this EULA, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this EULA against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- PURCHASE AGREEMENT AND TERMS
- Free Trials
All monthly plans start with a 30-day free trial that you are provided by default. Each monthly plan only offers ONE free trial. Annual plans do not offer a free trial. If you cancel your subscription before the free trial ends, then you have forfeited the remaining free period on your trial and you will not be able to secure a free trial again. You must expressly approve and offer consent to being billed on a recurring basis to use the free trial.
You can expect to be charged on a recurring basis unless you cancel your service. Resideo will automatically renew your membership on or near each monthly or annual anniversary of the date that Resideo first charges you for your first membership fee. You are charged using the payment method provided in the Resideo app.
- Cancellations and Refunds
You can cancel an active subscription at any time without incurring any cancellation or early termination fees. Upon cancellation, you will see out the remaining term on your subscription up to the end of the current billing cycle. You will NOT receive a pro-rated refund for the balance of any remaining term of your Membership plan associated with the camera(s) if you cancel your membership and/or deactivate your camera(s). Resideo reserves the right at its sole discretion to offer refunds based on the details of the purchase.
- Change of Plans
When you add a second camera-type device in your home, you are prompted to upgrade to the new service tier. A pro-rated credit from your older subscription will be applied and your new service tier charges will be adjusted accordingly.
- Returns and Swaps
You do not need to alter your subscription if you intend on exchanging one or more cameras. If you are returning a camera and do not intend to replace it, then you need to cancel your active subscription and then delete the device from your Resideo app.
RESIDEO CONNECTED HOME PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated May 23, 2018
Resideo Inc. (“Company”, “our”, “us”, or “we”), the "data controller" of the personal information we collect about you pursuant to this Privacy Statement, is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement details the steps we take to protect your personal information when you visit any of our websites or applications that contain a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Sites”) or when you contact us. It describes how we process personal information relating to you, including the types of personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use it, the types of third parties with which we share it, and any rights you may have with respect to such information. Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that allow you to be identified.
This Privacy Statement applies only when you visit any of our Sites that link to this Privacy Statement or when you contact us, for example, with a comment, inquiry or customer support request. Personal information collected about you in connection with other Company websites, products, services or mobile applications (including those made available to you by our group companies) may be covered by different privacy statements. It is important that you read this Privacy Statement together with any other privacy statements or other notices we may provide to you on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal information so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information.
By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us you agree that we may process your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. Your use of our Sites and any information you provide through them is subject at all times to this Privacy Statement and the applicable terms and conditions that apply to the Sites.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA): Residents may be entitled to object to certain types of processing activities involving your personal information described in this Privacy Statement, including where we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal information or where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request
- A. Our collection of information
Information collected directly from you. When you visit our Sites, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us (e.g., with a comment, inquiry or customer support request) or register for an account to use our Sites.
The personal information we collect from you when you use our Sites may include:
- Identity data, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Registration data, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use our Sites, including user names and passwords;
- Recruitment data, including information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry (as described below);
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications;
- Financial information, including credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of Company products and services that may be available on our Sites;
- Export control information, such as your nationality, citizenship and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you;
- Event registration information, including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms; and
- Your feedback, including feedback from you about our Sites as well as our products and services generally.
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information we collect about you. We collect certain information about your visit to our Sites, including:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our Sites, what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Site, the website from which you linked to one of our Sites and other actions taken within the Sites; and
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system.
For information about the cookies we use on our Sites, please refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
Geo-location information. For certain Sites, with your express consent, we may collect the precise, real-time location (i.e., geo-location) of your mobile device. This information will be used only for purposes of facilitating your use of the Sites. The geo-location of your mobile device may be disclosed to our service providers who may process this information in connection with providing services on our behalf. Once you have consented to the collection of the precise, real-time location of your mobile device, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
Information collected from third parties. In accordance with applicable law, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social media websites/applications, which we may combine with the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and customize our Sites to your preferences and for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- B. Our use of information
We may use the personal information collected via our Sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on Company products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our Sites.
- Administering and protecting our business and Sites. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Sites, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Improving our business, Sites, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our Sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to opt out of other types of marketing communications; please contact us using the contact information listed in the Privacy Statement for more information.
- Employment applications. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, and information about professional training and certifications. We and members of our group may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available to in connection with your application.
- Research and analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our Sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- C. The legal basis on which we process information
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas;
- the processing is based on your consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing); or
- the processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers.
- D. Anonymizing information
In accordance with applicable law, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. We may collect, use and share anonymized information for any purpose.
- E. How long we keep information
The period during which we store your personal information varies depending on the purpose for the processing. For example, we store personal information needed to provide you with products and services, or to facilitate transactions you have requested, for so long as you are a customer of the Company. We store your personal information for marketing purposes until you have opted out of receiving further direct marketing communications in accordance with applicable law. If you submit an employment application via our Sites, we will retain details of your application as set forth in the privacy statement or other notice made available to you in connection with your application or as otherwise required by law. In all other cases, we store your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, following which time it is either anonymized (where permitted by applicable law), deleted or destroyed.
- F. Disclosure of information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below.
- Our group companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and group companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies with which we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our Sites and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services. We require these service providers to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Distributors and other trusted business partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of personal information for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons the Company decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of the Company’s assets.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
- G. International transfers
We are a global company. By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by the Company, our group companies, suppliers, distributors and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence, including, but not limited to, the United States, Mexico and India, in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and to provide a level of protection of personal information that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
Users Located in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Where required, we have put in place appropriate safeguards with our group companies, service providers, contractors, distributors and other business partners and agents to ensure that transfers of personal information outside the EEA are adequately protected. These safeguards typically comprise the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46(2) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- H. Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including implementation of such security measures as may be required by applicable law. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a User ID and password to access the Sites, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others.
- I. Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your hard disk or to your browser's memory when you visit one of our Sites. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our Sites and allow us to recognize those computers or other devices that have been to our Sites before. Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing our Sites to remember your preference settings and helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our Sites and your experience using them.
Our Sites also may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Categories of cookies and similar technologies that we use
The type of cookie or similar technology that may be used on our Sites can be put into 1 of 4 categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality & Profile and Advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, particularly in connection with information searches and order placement. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. An example of a strictly necessary cookie is a “shopping basket cookie,” which is used to remember the products that you wish to purchase when you add products to your shopping basket or proceed to checkout.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our Sites, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect information that is used to improve how our Sites work. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Sites are performing and make relevant improvements that could better your browsing experience. Examples of performance cookies that our Sites use include Google and Adobe Analytics (see further discussion below).
- Functionality & Profile Cookies
These cookies allow our Sites to store information that you provide such as your site language preferences and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our Sites. For instance, they remember your user ID and elements of your user profile. They also ensure that your experience using the Sites and our marketing efforts are relevant to you. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies will not be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices you have previously made or personalize your browsing experience. For example, we use a cookie to store your language preferences, which allows us to present you with product search results in the correct language, and we use a cookie to store your choice about the appearance of the cookie information banner that we display on our Sites. This cookie will help us remember your choice about the appearance of the cookie information banner when you subsequently visit the same site where you made your choice about the banner and any other Company sites with the same domain or the same top-level domain.
- Advertising Cookies and Similar Technologies
These cookies or similar technologies may be used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the times you see an advertisement as well as help to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies may track your visits to other websites. Without these cookies or other technologies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- J. Do Not Track
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the Sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
- K. Your rights
You may have certain rights with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Sites or when you contact us. If you are a resident of the EEA, the rights described below may apply to you. For other users, the rights that apply to you will depend on the laws of your country of residence. We will facilitate your exercise of the rights that apply to you in accordance with applicable law.
- Access: You may have the right to access, review and correct personal information collected through our Sites or when you contact us. In some cases, you can do this by going to the page on which you provided the information. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.
- Object: YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO OBJECT TO CERTAIN TYPES OF PROCESSING ACTIVITIES INVOLVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING WHERE WE ARE RELYING ON A LEGITIMATE INTEREST TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR WHERE WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING. IN SOME CASES, WE MAY DEMONSTRATE THAT WE HAVE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS TO CONTINUE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN WHICH CASE WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST.
- Erasure: You may be entitled to request the erasure of your personal information, for example, where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction: You may be entitled to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, for example, where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
- Data portability: You may be entitled to receive and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. This is known as the right to data portability and, where applicable, requires us to move, copy or transfer your personal information from our systems to you or (where technically feasible) a third party chosen by you without affecting its usability.
- Consent: If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or, in the case of email marketing, by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails. This won’t affect the lawfulness of any processing up to that point.
We will respond to any requests from you to exercise your rights within the time frames required by law. We may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may take steps to verify your identity before taking action on a request. If you believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
If you have questions about your rights, or would like to exercise your rights, you can submit a privacy information request at the following link: https://contractorpro.secure.force.com/PrivacyInformationRequestForm/
California Consumer Privacy Act — Supplementary Privacy Statement
Setting your cookie preference
Our use of web analytics
We use industry standard web analytics to track visits to our sites. These analytics are provided by Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Pixels, Sitecore Analytics and Coveo (“Web Analytics Providers”). The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by our Web Analytic Providers on their servers. The Web Analytics Providers will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our Sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The Web Analytics Providers may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
You may opt out of Google, Adobe or Facebook web analytics, or otherwise control how these technologies are used when you visit our sites, by following the instructions here:
Facebook Privacy Settings Link (you must be logged into your account)
- Free Trials